Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) System
Ashtopus Technologies is one of the experienced, quality suppliers of RFID products and solutions. RFID is an acronym for radio frequency identification which is an innovative automated identification technology. It remotely retrieving data by using RFID tags or transponders.
Radio Frequency Identification is one of fast growing technology in different industries across the world it is implemented in security services such as electronic passports and RFID-embedded credit cards assets or inventory tracking . However, RFID technology also raises a number of concerns regarding privacy, security and law enforcement.
Components of an RFID System
A comprehensive RFID system has four components:
- RFID tag is a heart of the RFID system – it is electronically programmed with the Unique information
- Readers or sensors to query the tags.
- Server – on which the software interfaces with the Integrated software is loaded .
Advantages of Radio Frequency Identification
Security mechanisms implemented by barcode technology in business scenarios can be improved by using RFID technology.
Advantages of RFID over Barcodes
- RFID readings are more accurate than (mostly manually operated) bar-code systems.
- RFID tags can be integrated within the structure of packaging material or even within products.
- Retail & Distribution
- Contactless Payment
- Keyless Entry
- Livestock Tagging
- Logistics Assets (containers, trailers)
- Pet Identification